Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98

Thread: Jane Fonda

  1. #31
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Jane Fonda

    Its her American right to do what she did. Im nto saying I agree with it. She does say in her book its the biggest mistake she ever made goin to vietnam and sittin on the anti aircraft gun. Like a moron. But still, to my real point . But Ill say this, I see nothing worse then those who constantly bash our government and president now then what she did. She was "protesting" our governments role in Vietnam, if thats what you wanna call what she was doin I guess, an act of ignorance and misguidedness (sp) if you ask me, but anyway just like her, I think often the acts of people "not supporting" our actions today or the images people portray of the situations going on now lend themselves to the same critical thought her actions evoked. Images of "send young republicans and let them die" or "4 more years of death".
    You folks may not see the correlation between the two, but I do.

  2. #32
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Jane Fonda

    I can't believe she was that stupid. I can't believe someone actually wanted her to do a movie either?
    I think it's a disgrace to call her American!

  3. #33
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    Amen Nola....Amen....

  4. #34
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Jane Fonda

    In the interest of not making this worse I won't say anything . Except the greatest country in the world has troops that aren't as well armed as the militants they are fighting in a place that they shouldn't still be in. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] See the thread I started a few minutes ago for more info.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    The yonger generation has alot of folks like me who keep others reminded. I can remember well my mom forgetting that dad was home and watching a show with Jane Fonda on it. I remember his fist going through the TV screen and him being too livid to allow mom to touch his hand, so yes, i received a healthy dose about how he felt about Hanoi Jane.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #36
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    NOLA I don't understand how you can use the word American in any form to describe what Hanoi Jane did. Sure, people have the right to protest. Lord knows there was plenty of that in those days. This person did more than sit on an anti aircraft gun. She appologized to a country that we were AT WAR with for the actions of the US Government. She participated in the worst kind of propoganda against our government and our military. She sided with a communist country that slaughtered innocent men, women and children. She sided with a government that ruled with an iron fist, abducting young men to fight, killing those who refused. She sided with a government that tortured prisoners, AMERICAN prisoners, on a regular basis. She sided with a government that to this day has not told the truth about American POWs and MIAs. She sided with a government that started a bloodbath as soon as we pulled out of the country. Her American right? I believe I would get all the facts before I made such a statement. I would talk to people who lived through it. I would talk to the families of those who didn't come home alive. I would talk to the families of those who didn't come home at all. Her American right? I don't think so.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    unchained, whats his opinion of Muhammad Ali over the vietnam conflict?

  8. #38
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    The Vietnam conflict?? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Over 58,000 American lives lost and that was a "conflict"? I am curious as to what you think a war would be.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Jane Fonda

    Well, technically, Congress never declared war on Vietnam, so.....
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #40
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Jane Fonda

    Conflict hell? We have declared war now and how many was lost prior.
    Vietnam? Jane Kiss the Viet's butt. She is a disgrace to the US. That is why now she is trying to kiss all the veterans butts.
    She should be undeclared a US citizen and citizen of Vietnam.
    I had two counsin serve in that hell hole.
    Don't tell me it was no war. Congress may not of declared it but it was a war, just as Korea and WW1, WW11, and Iraq, how the he** can Iraq be a war, because we chose to call it one or did we? Think about it?
    We declared war on terrorism not on Iraq?
    Screw Hanoi Jane.
    She humiliated a nation of men who went to war for their country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •